public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB C API -- does such a thing exist?
@ 2014-10-16 11:21 Ömer Sinan Ağacan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ömer Sinan Ağacan @ 2014-10-16 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Do we have a C API for GDB? Something that allows me to run all the
GDB commands/functions that I can run in GDB prompt, but without
messing with GDB prompt?

Python API is not great for what I want to do. I want to run GDB
inside a program, search for some specific currently-running
processes, attach to them, add some breakpoints etc. although all of
those are possible with Python API, 1) I'm not huge fan of the
language 2) I feel like most things would be a lot easier if I could
use a C API that allows me to drive GDB itself.

Thanks.