On 20 Mar 2015 13:13, Joel Sherrill wrote: > This looks to be an issue with the "make -j8". > I did it again with "-j8" and it failed. I did a simple "make clean all" > in that directory and it failed again. > > I then changed my script to drop the -j8 and it built ok again. > > My suspicion is something in the dependencies isn't 100% right > and there is a race condition. sim/common/cconfig.h is the same > in a tree built with -j1 vs -j8. when it fails, can you attach the full build log ? what gcc version are you using ? there might be some misbehavior with the usage of extern inline. i think the code base expects gnu_inline semantics but just uses "extern inline" directly. maybe try including -fgnu89-inline in your CFLAGS and see if that helps ? -mike