On 04 Apr 2015 20:32, Joel Sherrill wrote: > On April 4, 2015 8:20:24 PM CDT, Mike Frysinger wrote: > >On 04 Apr 2015 19:27, Joel Sherrill wrote: > >> Once we get by this one, I noticed that the lm32timer only > >> lets you instance it once. The real board has two timers. > >> Is there an example of a device which can be instanced > >> multiple times? > > > >i glanced at the lm32timer device code and it looks correct to me -- > >there is no > >global state (it's all attached to the instance via HW_ZALLOC (me, > >...), and all > >accesses go through the passed in "me" hw). > > > >why do you think it only lets you instantiate it once ? > > When I configure two timers, it looks like the second address registration > attempt is ignored based on the trace and faulting code. I can have timer 0 or > 1 but not both. Two interrupt attaches seem to be honored. without seeing the hw file, i can only guess. make sure you: - use unique addresses (the @xxx part) - are routing the output lines to different input lines - interrupt driver actually handles more than one input :) i've def connected multiple Blackfin UARTs using the same model and had their interrupts routed independently ... -mike