On 20 Aug 2019 00:55, William Tambe wrote: > What should be implemented within the binutils simulator it's just "the simulator". no relation to binutils. > such that gdb "info threads" sees it ? there is no support for threads in the simulator. the simulator is simulating processors, not processes. so the concept doesn't even really map. if/when we finish up multiprocessor support, i'd expect we'd expose those as threads in gdb. but that would still be hardware level, not software level. > I tried using fork() within sim_create_inferior() but GDB would behave > erratically. it's unclear what you mean, but if you forked the sim, you now have two sims running ... and if the sim is built into gdb, you now have two gdbs running ... -mike