On 13.06.2020 02:16, Jonny Grant wrote: > Hello > Just wondering if gdb could show the thread names as they are created and deleted? > As created generally no, as it gets a meaningful name usually after creation from a dedicated syscall. If there is a legitimate use-case, I can implement reporting thread rename for NetBSD and report in GDB. But as we would report thread renames, what about other events? > > [Thread 0x7fff695e9700 (LWP 3580240) exited] > [New Thread 0x7fff98ff9700 (LWP 3580609)] > > $ cat /proc/3580609/comm > ThreadPoolForeg > > Could be a race condition, if GDB showed the name, before it was renamed by the application, but still pretty useful to see the names. > > If I break, and type "info thread" I can see those still created. > > Jonny >