public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* test suites?
@ 2000-03-16 14:38 K. Richard Pixley
From: K. Richard Pixley @ 2000-03-16 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

What are people using for regression testing on gdb these days?

--rich

* Re: test suites?
@ 2000-03-17 12:28 ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2000-03-17 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K. Richard Pixley; +Cc: gdb

"K. Richard Pixley" wrote:

> What are people using for regression testing on gdb these days?

The same old testsuites that we were using when you were at Cygnus!

OK, there have been some additions and restructuring, but the
theory is unchanged; they all live under src/gdb/testsuite,
you get a recent dejagnu and install, then do "make check" in
your objdir.

Stan

* Re: test suites?
@ 2000-03-19 21:43   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-03-19 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shebs, K. Richard Pixley; +Cc: gdb

Stan Shebs wrote:

> "K. Richard Pixley" wrote:
> >
> > What are people using for regression testing on gdb these days?
>
> The same old testsuites that we were using when you were at Cygnus!
>
> OK, there have been some additions and restructuring, but the
> theory is unchanged; they all live under src/gdb/testsuite,
> you get a recent dejagnu and install, then do "make check" in
> your objdir.

To expand a little.

Dejagnu is included in the nightly shots (gdb+dejagnu.tar.gz,...) or as
a separate file. Alternativly, you can check it out, along with GDB,
vis:

	cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co gdb dejangu

This ensures that the dejagnu you test GDB with is the same one that
everyone else is using.

	Andrew

PS: which reminds me, now that nightly snapshots are working (....) I
need to start a discussion on what the snapshots should contain.
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/

* Re: test suites?
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K. Richard Pixley; +Cc: gdb