public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* execute_command wrapper?
@ 2000-06-19  9:02 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2000-06-19  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Would it be reasonable to add an execute_command wrapper to wrapper.c?

I'm thinking of a situation where one has added a different scripting
language to gdb and one wants to execute a gdb command.

* Re: execute_command wrapper?
@ 2000-06-19 11:11 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-06-19 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: gdb

Doug Evans wrote:

> Would it be reasonable to add an execute_command wrapper to wrapper.c?
>
> I'm thinking of a situation where one has added a different scripting
> language to gdb and one wants to execute a gdb command.

Hi Doug,

The scripting language should not try to use the CLI stuff.

Please look at the MI section (new) at the GDB manual.
Also, look at the gdb/mi subdirectory.

Regards,
Fernando

--