public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Multi-arch and simulators questions
@ 2000-07-28 12:47 Stephane Carrez
From: Stephane Carrez @ 2000-07-28 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi!

I'm trying to multi-arch the 68hc11 gdb target.

It has a simulator which uses the common framework.

Is there anything to do on that?

How can we integrate several simulators in GDB?

Have you ever tried gdb with both mips and sh for example?

What would be the configure command to get two targets in the same gdb?

Thanks,
	Stephane

         Home                               Office
E-mail: stcarrez@worldnet.fr               Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW:    http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez   http://www.sun.com
Mail:   17, rue Foucher Lepelletier        6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux          78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France

* Re: Multi-arch and simulators questions
@ 2000-07-28 14:37 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2000-07-28 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephane Carrez; +Cc: gdb

Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@worldnet.fr> writes:

> [...]
> I'm trying to multi-arch the 68hc11 gdb target.
> It has a simulator which uses the common framework.
> [...]
> How can we integrate several simulators in GDB?
> [...]

That's just really hard with the sim/common framework - it is in a
similar shape as gdb was before multi-arch.  We may have some help to
offer with this problem on the way soon - hang on.

- FChE

* Re: Multi-arch and simulators questions
@ 2000-07-28 19:37 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2000-07-28 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephane Carrez; +Cc: gdb

Stephane Carrez wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to multi-arch the 68hc11 gdb target.
>
> It has a simulator which uses the common framework.

> Is there anything to do on that?

No.  For the moment GDB continues to assume that there is only one
simulator.

> How can we integrate several simulators in GDB?

For the MIPS, that is separatly multi-arched.  N simulators are
accessible via that one interface.

> Have you ever tried gdb with both mips and sh for example?

To be done. People are currently only using multi-arch to handle ISA
variants.
When it happens, simulators will make for an interesting stumbling block
:-)

> What would be the configure command to get two targets in the same gdb?

In theory, GDB would recognize the --enable-targets=... command just
like BFD.

Hope the process isn't too painful.

		Andrew