public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* User-defined commands, breakpoint "commands" hooks, parser bug?
@ 2000-09-13 18:41 tqbf
From: tqbf @ 2000-09-13 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi. I've got a question about the way GDB processes user-defined
command definitions.

It seems that this is valid:

	define foo
		if bar
		end
	end

But this is not valid:

	define foo
		b bar
		commands $bpnum
		end
	end

In the first case, GDB recognizes the first "end" as terminating
the "if" statement. In the second, GDB doesn't recognize the "end"
as terminating the "commands" statement.

My version string reads "GNU gdb 5.0".

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Thomas H. Ptacek					 Sonicity, Inc.
			   "If you're so special, why aren't you dead?"

* Re: User-defined commands, breakpoint "commands" hooks, parser bug?
@ 2000-09-15 11:37 ` Fernando Nasser
From: Fernando Nasser @ 2000-09-15 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tqbf; +Cc: gdb

Yes, this seems like a bug.