public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* On-chip debugger and GDB
@ 2000-12-06 17:07 kenny chen
From: kenny chen @ 2000-12-06 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Dear all,

Can GDB used to connect with on-chip debugger (RAVEN, EJTAG v 2.5)
 www.macraigor.com

kenny

* Re: On-chip debugger and GDB
@ 2000-12-06 22:13 ` Steven Johnson
From: Steven Johnson @ 2000-12-06 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kenny chen; +Cc: gdb

Macraigor only support Windows. So you can use the Macraigor BDM
debuggers with GDB, but only under windows. (At least the parallel
version, but I believe they all work because it uses the same interface
DLL.)

Steven

kenny chen wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Can GDB used to connect with on-chip debugger (RAVEN, EJTAG v 2.5)
>  www.macraigor.com
>
> kenny

* Re: On-chip debugger and GDB
@ 2000-12-06 23:05   ` brynn
From: brynn @ 2000-12-06 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Johnson; +Cc: kenny chen, gdb

I am hoping to use my 68332 and BDM pod with gdb/insight.  AND I just
found this which is patches to gdb-5 to allow the BDM to be used
ftp://skatter.usask.ca/pub/eric/BDM-Linux-gdb/gdb-bdm-20000904.tgz

Now I haven't used it yet, but I know their have been patches for
gdb-3 and gdb-4 to work with the 68K BDM, and now I find the gdb-5 patches.

Also, this link seems to have a lot of info on the subject:
http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa/m683xx/bdm_driver.html

Brynn
P.S.  Okay, it isn't quite macraigor compatable, but if you are using a
683xx or a coldfire, BDM pods can be had for as little as $30.

--
Brynn Rogers   brynn@tiny.net
   http://www.visi.com/~brynn    to see my triplets!

* Re: On-chip debugger and GDB
@ 2000-12-07  6:36 Peter Reilley
From: Peter Reilley @ 2000-12-07  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Macraigor is now adding support for their products under Linux
and Solaris.   You should check out www.ocdemon.com.   The
site is just up and all of the devices are not yet supported.
There is currently support for the ARM processor with
a Raven pod connected to the parallel port.   The support
for the PowerPC processors will be there shortly.

The site has pre-compiled GNU tool sets for ARM and PowerPC.
Other processor GNU tool sets will be added later.

Pete.