public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* embedded sh target
@ 2001-01-15 17:07 J.T. Conklin
From: J.T. Conklin @ 2001-01-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I was trying to add the sh-elf target to those I build nightly, and
found that it isn't a embedded target but rather a linux target.  At
one time, I believe there was a sh-hms-coff target, but that appears
to have been removed.

It's odd, because sh.mt includes sh3-rom.o, remote-e7000.o, etc. which
are embedded.  But it also includes solib.o and solib-svr4.o which
won't build unless you're on a linux host.

It appears to me that the sh-linux port needs to be separated from the
generic sh-elf port.

Thoughts?

        --jtc

--