public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
To: "Hylla, Kai" <hylla.k@atlas.de>
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Problems with load
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Several things to check:

- Is the section being loaded marked as LOAD?
Run 'objdump -h <pgm>' on the executable being loaded and check that all
the sections that GDB should load have the LOAD attribute.

- Is GDB transfering the data?
There should be output from "load" indicating what GDB is transfering.
Is the missing section in the list.

- Is GDB really transfering the data?
Enabe remote protocol debugging "(gdb) set debug remote 1" and then
perform a load.  You should see memory write packets to the sections in
question.

If all of these are ok, then the problem is in the remote end.

Andrew