public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
To: dejagnu@gnu.org
Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com, Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com>
Subject: Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:56:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

At present KFAILs are supressed from the summary output (the stuff on
the terminal from "make check").  I'd like to change this so that
KFAILs, just like FAILs, are included in the summary.  A KFAIL, just
like a FAIL, indicates a bug in the system under test, and hence should
be included in the summary.

Having seen this feature in action for a year now, I think it's
reasonable to conclude that people are ignoring KFAILed tests just like
they ignored GDB's bogus XFAIL tests that went before.

This would mean that any summary output - XPASS, KFAIL, KPASS, and ERROR
would need action.

thoughts?
Andrew

PS: Some [non] history.  Neither Fernando nor I can figure out how/why
the current behavior came to be.  Our best guess is that there was some
flip-flopping (the lists suggest this) and the current behavior was
chosen because it happened to be that way in the last version of the
patch.  Enjoy!