Hi Simon On 26/05/2020 15:17, Simon Marchi wrote: > On 2020-05-26 7:07 a.m., Jonny Grant wrote: >> Hi GDB maintainers >> >> Just wondering if this is down for you as well >> >> https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/mailing-lists/ >> >> I clicked "bug-gdb" >> >> >> This site can’t be reached mail.gnu.org refused to connect. >> Try: >> >> Checking the connection >> Checking the proxy and the firewall >> ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED > > Maybe it was temporary, the GNU mailing list page works for me right now. Unfortunately it is still down for me from laptop and android mobile. > However, there has been no activity there for many years, I think we should > either remove it from our page, or at least mention that it's there for > archive purposes only. Sounds reasonable. I didn't receive a reply from the gnu webmasters, maybe they are overloaded with lockdown. >> I was going to ask if gdb@sourceware.org could be added to the $ gdb --help output and also the man page? > > Yes, I think it would be nice. Would you mind providing patches for that? I've attached a patch for the 'gdb --help' output >> Also this page >> >> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/ > > This is generated from the gdb.texinfo file in the GDB source code, so you > could provide a patch for this as well: > > https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=blob;f=gdb/doc/gdb.texinfo;h=641816284954a492d6079560b9e6ab8312efa159;hb=HEAD > > You can generate the HTML manual using the "make html" command in the gdb/doc > build directory. Could the scripts that need 'html' command make a suggestion to install texinfo html convertor package 'texi2html' ? Otherwise it's this error: html -I . ./annotate.texinfo /bin/bash: html: command not found >> BTW, the footer has a link "Previous: (dir)" and "Up: (dir)" is a broken link to >> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/dir/index.html >> >> Could someone fix that link, or should I file a bug report on sourceware? > > Hmm, we would have to find out if it's a texinfo bug, or just us using texinfo wrong. > > Again, you can generate this file using the "make html" command mentioned above and > try to find out why. Yes, it is the same in the html created. I've attached a patch that removes those broken links. Cheers, Jonny