public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* [question] How to output logs
@ 2022-08-15  8:42 hilbert
From: hilbert @ 2022-08-15  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

Can log information be output like other projects? I don't see the relevant parameters.
This will make it easier to read the source code.
I don't see the relevant configuration options.
Thank you very much.

* Re: [question] How to output logs
@ 2022-08-15 11:15 ` Andrew Burgess
From: Andrew Burgess @ 2022-08-15 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hilbert, gdb

hilbert via Gdb <gdb@sourceware.org> writes:

> Can log information be output like other projects? I don't see the relevant parameters.
> This will make it easier to read the source code.
> I don't see the relevant configuration options.

Maybe the 'set debug ....' options are what you're looking for?  These
are all mentioned in the manual, but they are mostly scattered
throughout and don't have a section of their own.

You can use 'set logging file ....' and 'set logging enabled on' to have
GDB record its output to a logfile if that helps too.

Thanks,
Andrew