public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Gdb with Guile
@ 2004-09-30  0:35 Brian McQueen
From: Brian McQueen @ 2004-09-30  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I was wondering if you guys had considered linking guile in with gdb to
provide the extension language functionality prior to going ahead with
MI.  With Guile it is very easy to add a lightweight, yet excellent
extension language, and it is a complementary GNU project.  I think it
would be a fun project.  That's why I'm asking - I'd like to do it
myself.  So I wonder if it was considered to be a bad idea.  How did you
arrive at MI1 and MI2?  Being quite familiar with Guile, I think it
would be a better choice.

--bmcqueen