public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
To: Gdb <gdb@sourceware.org>
Subject: RFP is open for the Toolchains and Kernel Track at LPC 2022
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:51:38 -0400	[thread overview]

The Linux Plumbers Conference 2022 (https://lpc.events) will be held
from 12 to 14 of September 2022 in Dublin.

As part of the conference we will be having a Toolchains and Kernel
track that will focus on topics of interest related to building the
Linux kernel, and kernel development in general. The goal is to get
kernel developers and toolchain developers together to discuss
outstanding or upcoming issues, feature requests, and further
collaboration.

Here we are calling for activity proposals for the track.

Note that LPC "activities" are not quite the same than regular talks as
they are found in most other free software events.  The activities shall
be related to the Linux kernel and should focus on some particular
toolchain problem, or issue, or proposed enhancement, that require or
would benefit from the input of kernel hackers.  The pursued outcome of
the activity shall not be some vague directions or promises of future
work and/or collaboration: you should aim to discuss and agree on the
spot using the fact the kernel hackers will be present.  The duration of
each activity depends on its nature and on how it actually develops:
some discussions will require just a few minutes, while others may
require more time.  However, it would be useful if you specify an
estimation of how much time you expect your activity will require; that
will help us in the scheduling. Slides are actually discouraged, so
please try to keep them at a minimum, the ideal is just one or two
slides to establish the context for the discussion.

As a reference, these are some of the topics that we would like to cover
this year:

    Upstreaming Rust Support
    Toolchain security feature requests
    BPF/BTF support in the GNU Toolchain
    Kernel Control Flow Integrity
    PGO, AutoFDO, gprofng, perf
    sysroots on kernel.org
    hardware mitigation post mortems
    Kernel debugging with drgn and poke+gdb
    ABI analysis
    GCC -fanalyzer
    Fast Kernel Headers

If you are interested in proposing an activity, please use the online
form at the event website: https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/

Please make sure you use the submission form for the Toolchains track.

The CFP closes the 15th of August.  We will announce the approved
activities and publish the schedule of the track shortly after that.

[Thanks to Jose Marchesi and Nick Nick Desaulniers for organizing!]
--
Cheers,
Carlos.