public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Emacs keybindings working in gdb  too.
@ 2005-05-06 21:49 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2005-05-06 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi

I was working on gdb and accidently pressed C-x o command which was
meant for emacs window
but it opened up with a new split window displaying source file in the
shell.  and then playing around
I found that C-x 2 opened the disasssembly wondow.

Is it a known feature of gdb? if yes could some one point me to some
documentation or discussions about it.

GDB on my machine is 6.1, this does not work on older gdb I tried on 5.3
and did not get this behavior.

Thanks

--
Khem Raj
MontaVista Software Inc.

* Re: Emacs keybindings working in gdb  too.
@ 2005-05-06 22:00 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-05-06 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: gdb

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 02:49:32PM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was working on gdb and accidently pressed C-x o command which was
> meant for emacs window
> but it opened up with a new split window displaying source file in the
> shell.  and then playing around
> I found that C-x 2 opened the disasssembly wondow.
>
> Is it a known feature of gdb? if yes could some one point me to some
> documentation or discussions about it.
>
> GDB on my machine is 6.1, this does not work on older gdb I tried on 5.3
> and did not get this behavior.

That's the TUI, the Text User Interface.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Emacs keybindings working in gdb  too.
@ 2005-05-07  9:42 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-05-07  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: gdb

> Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 14:49:32 -0700
> From: Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com>
>
> I was working on gdb and accidently pressed C-x o command which was
> meant for emacs window
> but it opened up with a new split window displaying source file in the
> shell.  and then playing around
> I found that C-x 2 opened the disasssembly wondow.
>
> Is it a known feature of gdb?

Yes.

> if yes could some one point me to some documentation or discussions
> about it.

I assume you have an Info reader installed on your machine.  If so,
type at the shell prompt "info gdb", then, when you are inside the GDB
manual, type "g TUI Keys", hit [Enter], and read there.

* Re: Emacs keybindings working in gdb  too.
@ 2005-05-07 17:31   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2005-05-07 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: gdb

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 14:49:32 -0700
>>From: Khem Raj <kraj@mvista.com>
>>
>>I was working on gdb and accidently pressed C-x o command which was
>>meant for emacs window
>>but it opened up with a new split window displaying source file in the
>>shell.  and then playing around
>>I found that C-x 2 opened the disasssembly wondow.
>>
>>Is it a known feature of gdb?
>>

>Yes.
>

>>if yes could some one point me to some documentation or discussions
>>about it.
>>

>I assume you have an Info reader installed on your machine.  If so,
>type at the shell prompt "info gdb", then, when you are inside the GDB
>manual, type "g TUI Keys", hit [Enter], and read there.

I already did it immediately after I posted my question  I replied to
this email yesterday itself somehow I forgot to CC the list. Sorry for
the noise.