public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Olatunji Ruwase <Olatunji.Ruwase@Sun.COM>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Help with gdb testsuite (lib/gdb.exp)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for your response. I found out that release versions I quoted in
my initial email were wrong, sorry about that :(.
runtest was picking up an older version of expect and tcl.

% runtest -V
WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
Expect version is	5.25.0
Tcl version is		8.0
Framework version is	1.4.4

The simple test you prescribed worked on tcl version 8.4 but not on 8.0,
i.e newlines remain in $b.
Making runtest use the newer releases solved the problem.
Thanks

tunji

Running on a sparc machine

% tclsh