Daniel Jacobowitz wrote: > Mostly, the coding style was very un-GNU. I also got the feeling that > there were better ways to do a lot of the string parsing, but I really > didn't spend much time looking at it (since I figured reimplementing > would be simpler in this case than FSF assignment). I'm not sure exactly what I have to do to avoid being "un-GNU", but here's my attempt at the same problem. I don't think the string parsing can be made any simpler. In the documentation I changed a '@var' to '@code' because @var makes it upper case in the info and I thought that misleading. I also added a missing 'end' to the existing example. OK? Andrew Stubbs