public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* gdb on arm-wince-pe
@ 2006-02-21 21:42 Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2006-02-21 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all!

I have gdb built for target arm-wince-pe on a cygwin host.
This if for I new project I am developing to bring gnu tools for
arm-wince-pe up to speed.
Check out cegcc if you're interested.
(http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cegcc/)
I am now looking into gdb to implement a few missing things and trying
to remove a few quirks here and there.

I have been looking through the code for a few hours to get a grasp on
gdb internals.
With some patches the gdb/wince-stub.c is now working ok. Not perfect
yet, but working.
I now want to implement CTRL_c breaking into the remote app.
It currently does nothing when the target program is being debugged, and
prints "Quit" when there is no program being debugged.

Where should I start looking for/what is needed to implement it (ctrl_c
breaking)?
I tried debugging arm-wince-pe-gdb on gdb itself, putting some
breakpoints in the signal handling,
and issuing kill -INT signals to see what happens there, and I see that
ultimatly, quit (void) is called.
Is there some target_op that I should implement, or should I provide my
own signal handling?

Cheers,
Pedro Alves

P.S. Please add me to the cc list, as I am not (yet) on this mailing list.