public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Noobody <mail@noobody.org>
To: eran.ifrah@gmail.com
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [mingw gdb/mi] Separating debuggee output from MI
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

 >By running this command, gdb will create a new console for the debugee
output.
 >i.e. all the redirected IO that you capture in your frontend will
always be gdb's output.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip!
I am aware of this option, but I would prefer to be able to handle
input/output
from the debugger itself. The problem is that the Windows console is not
exactly very convenient when it comes to handling standard operations
such as
copying, pasting, window resizing or similar. Also, keeping all the info and
controls in one window instead of two when debugging would be
preferrable in my
opinion.

As such, I've been looking for methods to get hold of the debuggees output
directly (which I probably should have mentioned in the first mail).

The method I have now seems to work fine, but I just know too little of
gdb's
internals to be able to tell whether this could cause problems in the
future.