public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Difference in fields symtab and ddbsymtab in elf_file_t structure (defined in link_elf.c) in FreeBSD
@ 2012-12-05  6:55 Shrikanth Kamath
From: Shrikanth Kamath @ 2012-12-05  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

This is regarding the fields in the structure "elf_file_t" in link_elf.c.
For some kernel modules the symtab field is different from the
ddbsymtab field for some it is the same, would like to know what is
the difference between the two and how to enable ddbsymtab?

Does enabling "-g" in CFLAGS make the binary build the ddbsymtab
different from symtab?

The problem is lookup for some symbols in the kernel module that I
built returns with undefined, on inspecting it was getting a ENOENT
from the function
    link_elf_lookup_symbol()
    {
         /* If we have not found it, look at the full table (if loaded) */
         if (ef->symtab == ef->ddbsymtab)
             return (ENOENT);

Shrikanth R K

* Re: Difference in fields symtab and ddbsymtab in elf_file_t structure (defined in link_elf.c) in FreeBSD
@ 2012-12-06 16:26 ` Pedro Alves
From: Pedro Alves @ 2012-12-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shrikanth Kamath; +Cc: gdb

On 12/05/2012 06:55 AM, Shrikanth Kamath wrote:
> This is regarding the fields in the structure "elf_file_t" in link_elf.c.
> For some kernel modules the symtab field is different from the
> ddbsymtab field for some it is the same, would like to know what is
> the difference between the two and how to enable ddbsymtab?

There's no such file in GDB.  Seems like you want to contact a FreeBSD list instead.

--
Pedro Alves