public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Did the GDB wiki user list get pruned?
@ 2014-10-10 11:51 Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2014-10-10 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Did someone cleanup wiki users?  I used to have a login (unless I am
going senile!) and have edited the wiki (especially over in the old
Archer section bits) quite a lot.  But now my edits are like:

host86-146-234-176    Add archer-pmuldoon-python-value-infcall branch and description.

(from the "Info" link on a wiki page).

Where the username (in this case, my old one) has been replaced with
the originating host.  It's no big deal - it was trivial to create a
new one and get editing privileges setup.  But I am curious about
what happened there.  Apologies if this has been answered.  I did a
rudimentary search of the mailing list and nothing came back that
looked promising as an answer.

Cheers

Phil

* Re: Did the GDB wiki user list get pruned?
@ 2014-10-10 22:28 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2014-10-10 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Muldoon; +Cc: gdb

Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> writes:

> Did someone cleanup wiki users?  [...]
> host86-146-234-176    Add archer-pmuldoon-python-value-infcall branch and description.
> (from the "Info" link on a wiki page).

There is regular automatic cleanup of wiki users at sourceware.
It is designed to exclude users in the EditorGroup however; so this
should not be happening to your account.  I'll keep an eye on it.

- FChE

* Re: Did the GDB wiki user list get pruned?
@ 2014-10-10 23:18   ` Sergio Durigan Junior
From: Sergio Durigan Junior @ 2014-10-10 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: Phil Muldoon, gdb

On Friday, October 10 2014, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> There is regular automatic cleanup of wiki users at sourceware.
> It is designed to exclude users in the EditorGroup however; so this
> should not be happening to your account.  I'll keep an eye on it.

According to <https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/EditorGroup?action=info>,
Phil was not listed since the beginning, so that may explain...

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36

* Re: Did the GDB wiki user list get pruned?
@ 2014-10-11  6:26     ` Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2014-10-11  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Durigan Junior, Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: gdb

On 11/10/14 00:18, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> On Friday, October 10 2014, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>
>> There is regular automatic cleanup of wiki users at sourceware.
>> It is designed to exclude users in the EditorGroup however; so this
>> should not be happening to your account.  I'll keep an eye on it.
>
> According to <https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/EditorGroup?action=info>,
> Phil was not listed since the beginning, so that may explain...

Yeah but the edit history of that page only goes back to April this
year.  I probably did not make any edits from April till now, but I
definitely did before then. Quite a lot in the Archer project parts.
It looks to me like a complete purge of the file, probably because of
the curse of spammers.  It's, as I said, no big deal.  I was just
curious what had happened and if my account had been compromised.

Cheers

Phil