Greetings, I believe this is happening because you need to supply a --target parameter to gdbserver as well. ./configure --host=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu \ --target=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu \ --disable-werror Cheers, Orlando. On 08/13/2015 04:50 PM, Ran Shalit wrote: > Hello, > > I've cross compile gdbserver according to wiki in: > https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingCrossGDBandGDBserver > ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/gdb/gdbserver$ sudo ./configure > --host=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu --disable-werror > > But on doing : > make > I've noticed that it uses the host gcc instead of the cross-compiler gcc. > Only after manually modifying the Makefie with > CC = powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu-gcc > instead of > CC = gcc > It was cross compiling as expected. > > Can anyone help me understand what was wrong doing in the above steps? > > Since this didn't work as expected I'm afraid that maybe the gdb as I > compiled might also required some manually modifications which I am > not aware of. > These are the steps for gdb build: > ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/$ sudo ./configure > --target=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu --disable-werror > > Thank you for your assistance, > Ran >