public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* RE: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-23 19:34 Newman, Sarah R
From: Newman, Sarah R @ 2005-11-23 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

cygwin version 1.5.18-1:

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		8323
# of unexpected failures	855
# of expected failures		30
# of known failures		14
# of unresolved testcases	604
# of untested testcases		7
# of unsupported tests		25

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-11-28 22:44 ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-11-28 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:38:55 -0800
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> If you have access to other platforms and would like to report their
> status, that would be very helpful.

Here's an other batch of OpenBSD targets, FreeBSD/amd64 and
NetBSD/amd64.  Some of the failure counts are a tad bit high, but that
doesn't really come as a surprise.  Some of these are really slow
a.out targets that we don't really cater for in the testsuite.

hppa-hp-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10235
# of unexpected failures        262
# of unexpected successes       5
# of expected failures          55
# of known failures             39
# of unresolved testcases       4
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          19

m68k-apple-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            9694
# of unexpected failures        448
# of expected failures          141
# of known failures             42
# of unresolved testcases       14
# of untested testcases         4
# of unsupported tests          20

sparc64-sun-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10385
# of unexpected failures        147
# of unexpected successes       2
# of expected failures          46
# of known failures             51
# of unresolved testcases       1
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          18

vax-simh-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            9898
# of unexpected failures        325
# of unexpected successes       6
# of expected failures          141
# of known failures             43
# of unresolved testcases       3
# of untested testcases         12
# of unsupported tests          18

amd64-unknown-netbsd2.1:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10296
# of unexpected failures        115
# of unexpected successes       2
# of expected failures          45
# of known failures             46
# of unresolved testcases       2
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          20

amd64-unknown-freebsd6.0:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10509
# of unexpected failures        94
# of expected failures          42
# of known failures             42
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          14

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-25 15:57           ` Kunal Parmar
From: Kunal Parmar @ 2005-11-25 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wu Zhou; +Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz, Mark Kettenis, brobecker, gdb, gdb-testers

Wu Zhou wrote:

>>>I guess that GDB don't know how to handle anonymous union yet.  I ever saw
>>>these failures in a few platform.  And also see them ok on others.  The
>>>difference I find is that some version of gcc handle the anonymous union
>>>members as normal variables, others don't.
>>>

>>I believe this was a bug in GCC 4.x, very recently fixed in CVS.
>>

>Sorry.  What is a bug, handle the anonymous union as normal variable, or
>don't?
>
>Regards
>- Wu Zhou

The problem was that the dwarf info generated was incorrect.
It has been fixed in GCC 4.x

Regards,
Kunal Parmar.

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-25  5:28   ` Randolph Chung
From: Randolph Chung @ 2005-11-25  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: gdb-testers, gdb

> Of all of Debian's architctures, none failed to build (which may be a
> first for a snapshot).  HPPA hasn't tried yet but Randolph's been
> active lately so I presume it will work when the build daemon is
> available.  SPARC is in the worst shape, followed by Alpha, which is
> pretty typical.

I tried to post these earlier but the gdb-testers m-l won't cooperate.

results for hppa-linux (from snapshot tarball, not debian sources)

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10807
# of unexpected failures	58
# of unexpected successes	3
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		42
# of unresolved testcases	1
# of unsupported tests		5

randolph

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-25  4:21         ` Wu Zhou
From: Wu Zhou @ 2005-11-25  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: Mark Kettenis, brobecker, gdb, gdb-testers

@ 2005-11-25  3:15       ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-11-25  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wu Zhou; +Cc: Mark Kettenis, brobecker, gdb, gdb-testers

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-25  2:51     ` Wu Zhou
From: Wu Zhou @ 2005-11-25  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Kettenis; +Cc: brobecker, gdb, gdb-testers

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:54:40 +0800 (CST)
> > From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc@cn.ibm.com>
> >
> > I run this RC on ppc64 platform as both 32-bits and 64-bits application.
> > Here is the summary.  I also list the x86 summary as reference.
> >
> > ppc64, 64-bits gdb, 32-bits testcase:
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 8)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 7)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 6)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 5)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, first time
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 4)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 3)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 2)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 1)
> > FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, second time

The mainline GDB-6.3 only report three failures here. And RHEL4's GDB,
which is based on 6.3.0 and added some of their own patch,  report all ok.
So I believe that these are regression.

BTW. I am also tracking these problems and guessing that it might be
related to the software watchpoint code. I did find the code to single
step the inferior, but I didn't find the code to check whether these
watched variables get changed or not. (These code seems somewaht messy to
me, :-) Would you please give some pointer?  Thanks in advance!

> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 1
> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 1
> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 2
> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 2
> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 3
> > FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 3

I guess that GDB don't know how to handle anonymous union yet.  I ever saw
these failures in a few platform.  And also see them ok on others.  The
difference I find is that some version of gcc handle the anonymous union
members as normal variables, others don't.

> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer attached; check second observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer added; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check second observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check second observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check third observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check third observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer removed; check third observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check second observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check third observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check first observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check second observer counter value
> > FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer removed; check first observer counter value

I remember saw these error with an earlier gdb version this year.  But
don't take any looks into them.  GDB-6.3 testsuite report "Couldn't test
self" and then exit on my POWER4 box. Don't know why.  Will take some look
into them later.

> For OpenBSD, the failures above are regressions from 6.3, and I think
> it's safe to assume they're regressions for Linux too.  They were
> still OK in 6.3.50.20050911-cvs, and I think remembering I've already
> seen them fail in early november.  Don't know if this is serious
> enough to delay the release.  I'll try to track this down, and
> hopefully will find the problem.  If it's too late for 6.4 we should
> release 6.4.1 with the fix.

That is quite reasonable to me.

BTW. If you have any patch, please let me know.  I am very happy to try
them.

Regards
- Wu Zhou

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-25  2:47   ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-11-25  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: woodzltc; +Cc: brobecker, gdb, gdb-testers

> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:54:40 +0800 (CST)
> From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc@cn.ibm.com>
>
> I run this RC on ppc64 platform as both 32-bits and 64-bits application.
> Here is the summary.  I also list the x86 summary as reference.
>
> ppc64, 64-bits gdb, 32-bits testcase:
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 8)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 7)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 6)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 5)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, first time
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 4)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 3)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 2)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 1)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, second time
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 1
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 1
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 2
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 2
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 3
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 3
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer attached; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer removed; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer removed; check first observer counter value

For OpenBSD, the failures above are regressions from 6.3, and I think
it's safe to assume they're regressions for Linux too.  They were
still OK in 6.3.50.20050911-cvs, and I think remembering I've already
seen them fail in early november.  Don't know if this is serious
enough to delay the release.  I'll try to track this down, and
hopefully will find the problem.  If it's too late for 6.4 we should
release 6.4.1 with the fix.

Mark

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-11-23  5:17 ` Wu Zhou
From: Wu Zhou @ 2005-11-23  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

I run this RC on ppc64 platform as both 32-bits and 64-bits application.
Here is the summary.  I also list the x86 summary as reference.

ppc64, 64-bits gdb, 32-bits testcase:
======================================
FAIL: gdb.ada/array_return.exp: value printed by finish of Create_Small
FAIL: gdb.ada/array_return.exp: value printed by finish of Create_Large
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print u_one_two_three, indexes off
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print p_one_two_three, indexes off
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print u_one_two_three
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print p_one_two_three
FAIL: gdb.ada/null_record.exp: ptype on null record
FAIL: gdb.ada/packed_array.exp: print var
FAIL: gdb.base/auxv.exp: generate native core dump
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: next over recursive call
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: backtrace from factorial(5.1)
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: breakpoint function, optimized file
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: where in corefile (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: corefile restored general registers
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: corefile restored all registers
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: capture_command_output failed on print array_func::local_array.
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: corefile restored stack array
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: corefile restored backtrace
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: call function when asleep (stays asleep)
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: call function after waking it (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: call function a second time (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: continue (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: echo data (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 8)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 7)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 6)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 5)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, first time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 4)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 3)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 2)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, second time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: second instance watchpoint deleted when leaving scope
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to first instance watchpoint, second time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: first instance watchpoint deleted when leaving scope
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: next over recursive call
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: backtrace from factorial(5.1)
FAIL: gdb.base/sigbpt.exp: stepi; stepi out of handler
FAIL: gdb.base/sigbpt.exp: stepi bp before segv; stepi out of handler
FAIL: gdb.base/sigbpt.exp: stepi bp at segv; stepi out of handler
FAIL: gdb.base/sigbpt.exp: stepi bp before and at segv; stepi out of handler
FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: stepi from handleri; leave handler
FAIL: gdb.base/sigstep.exp: nexti from handleri; leave handler
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: var charest l; print incremented l, expecting 2 ..002.
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: var short l; print incremented l, expecting 2
[...]
FAIL: gdb.java/jmisc.exp: p args
FAIL: gdb.java/jmisc1.exp: p args
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: unambiguous static call
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: single argument print call
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: double argument print call
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: virtual fn call
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: inherited static call
FAIL: gdb.java/jprint.exp: inherited virtual fn call
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-basics.exp: environment-directory arg operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-basics.exp: environment-directory empty-string operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-basics.exp: environment-path dir1 dir2 operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-file.exp: Getting a list of source files.
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-watch.exp: wp out of scope (2)
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory arg operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory empty-string operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-path dir1 dir2 operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-watch.exp: wp out of scope (2)
FAIL: gdb.server/server-run.exp: continue to main (the program is no longer running)
FAIL: gdb.threads/gcore-thread.exp: a corefile thread is executing thread2
FAIL: gdb.threads/gcore-thread.exp: thread2 is current thread in corefile
FAIL: gdb.threads/linux-dp.exp: philosopher is distinct: 4
FAIL: gdb.threads/linux-dp.exp: philosopher is distinct: 6
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (fast) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break thread_function (2)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (slow) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break thread_function (3)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break kill
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (slow with kill breakpoint) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/thread_check.exp: breakpoint at tf
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watch args[0]
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watch args[1]
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: threaded watch loop
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: first watchpoint on args[0] hit
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: first watchpoint on args[1] hit
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[0] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[1] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: combination of threaded watchpoints = 30

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10763
# of unexpected failures	105
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		39
# of unresolved testcases	2
# of unsupported tests		3
/home/woodzltc/DE/build-6390/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb version  6.3.90 -nx

ppc64: 64-bits gdb, 64-bits testsuite
FAIL: gdb.ada/array_return.exp: value printed by finish of Create_Small
FAIL: gdb.ada/array_return.exp: value printed by finish of Create_Large
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print u_one_two_three, indexes off
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print p_one_two_three, indexes off
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print u_one_two_three
FAIL: gdb.ada/arrayidx.exp: print p_one_two_three
FAIL: gdb.ada/null_record.exp: ptype on null record
FAIL: gdb.ada/packed_array.exp: print var
FAIL: gdb.base/annota1.exp: run until main breakpoint
FAIL: gdb.base/annota1.exp: backtrace from shlibrary
FAIL: gdb.base/annota3.exp: backtrace from shlibrary (pattern 2)
FAIL: gdb.base/annota3.exp: backtrace @ signal handler (pattern 3)
FAIL: gdb.base/auxv.exp: generate native core dump
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: next over recursive call
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: backtrace from factorial(5.1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: next to 1237
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_small_structs (pattern 9)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_small_structs from print_long_arg_list (pattern 9)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_long_arg_list (pattern 12)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-rt-st.exp: print print_one_large_struct(*list1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-rt-st.exp: print print_one_double(*d1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-rt-st.exp: print print_three_chars(*three_char)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-rt-st.exp: print print_five_chars(*five_char)
FAIL: gdb.base/gcore.exp: corefile restored backtrace
FAIL: gdb.base/gdb1555.exp: Step into shared lib function
FAIL: gdb.base/gdb1555.exp: Next while in a shared lib function
FAIL: gdb.base/interrupt.exp: echo data (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.base/maint.exp: maint print msymbols
FAIL: gdb.base/maint.exp: maint print msymbols
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: p top
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: whatis top
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: ptype top
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: p middle
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: whatis middle
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: ptype middle
FAIL: gdb.base/nodebug.exp: p/c array_index("abcdef",2)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 8)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 7)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 6)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 5)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, first time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 4)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 3)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 2)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, second time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: second instance watchpoint deleted when leaving scope
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to first instance watchpoint, second time
FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: first instance watchpoint deleted when leaving scope (the program is no longer running)
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint function
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint quoted function
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint function in file
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: use `list' to establish default source file
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint at start of multi line if conditional
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint at start of multi line while conditional
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint info
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: run until function breakpoint
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: Temporary breakpoint function
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: Temporary breakpoint function in file
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: Temporary breakpoint info
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: set breakpoint on to-be-called function
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: next over recursive call
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: backtrace from factorial(5.1)
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint function, optimized file
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: breakpoint small function, optimized file
FAIL: gdb.base/sepdebug.exp: run until breakpoint set at small function, optimized file
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: var charest l; print incremented l, expecting 2 ..002.
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: var short l; print incremented l, expecting 2
FAIL: gdb.base/store.exp: var int l; print incremented l, expecting 2
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 3 structs-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 5 structs-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 6 structs-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 7 structs-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 3 structs-ts
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 1 structs-tf
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 1 structs-td
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 1 structs-tld
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 4 structs-ts-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 5 structs-ts-tc
FAIL: gdb.base/structs.exp: p/c L<n>; call 3 structs-tc-ts
FAIL: gdb.base/unload.exp: running program
FAIL: gdb.base/unload.exp: continuing to end of program (the program is no longer running)
FAIL: gdb.base/unload.exp: rerun to shared library breakpoint
FAIL: gdb.base/unload.exp: continuing to end of program second time (the program is no longer running)
[...]
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-var-child.exp: listing of children, simple types: names, type and values, complex types: names and types
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-watch.exp: wp out of scope (2)
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory arg operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory empty-string operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-path dir1 dir2 operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-watch.exp: wp out of scope (2)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: breakpoint method (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: breakpoint method with colon (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: breakpoint class method with colon (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: continue until method breakpoint (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: resetting breakpoints when rerunning
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: continue until method breakpoint (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: print an ivar of self (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: print self (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: print contents of self (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: breakpoint in category method (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: continue until category method (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: Call an Objective-C method with no arguments (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: Call an Objective-C method with one argument (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: Use of the print-object command (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/basicclass.exp: Use of the po (print-object) command (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.objc/nondebug.exp: break on non-debuggable method (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (fast) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break thread_function (2)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (slow) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break thread_function (3)
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: break kill
FAIL: gdb.threads/print-threads.exp: Running threads (slow with kill breakpoint) (unknown output)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from main thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from thread 1
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: apply backtrace command to all three threads
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watch args[0]
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watch args[1]
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: threaded watch loop
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: first watchpoint on args[0] hit
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: first watchpoint on args[1] hit
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[0] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[1] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: combination of threaded watchpoints = 30

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10701
# of unexpected failures	157
# of expected failures		44
# of known failures		36
# of unresolved testcases	2
# of unsupported tests		4
/home/woodzltc/DE/build-6390/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb version  6.3.90 -nx

x86:
FAIL: gdb.base/auxv.exp: generate native core dump
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_double_array(double_array) (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_char_array(char_array) (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print sum_array_print(10, *list1, *list2, *list3, *list4)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_small_structs (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_long_arg_list (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print sum_struct_print(10, *struct1, *struct2, *struct3, *struct4)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_struct_rep(*struct1, *struct2, *struct3) (pattern 1)
FAIL: gdb.base/call-ar-st.exp: print print_one_large_struct(*list1)
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal_ro
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal_ro
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print bar::funclocal
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::bar::funclocal
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print funclocal at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print funclocal_bss at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal_bss at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal_bss at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print funclocal_ro at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal_ro at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal_ro at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print bar::funclocal at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::bar::funclocal at foo
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal_bss at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal_bss at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print foo::funclocal_ro at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::foo::funclocal_ro at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print funclocal at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print bar::funclocal at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::bar::funclocal at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print funclocal_bss at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print bar::funclocal_bss at bar
FAIL: gdb.base/scope.exp: print 'scope1.c'::bar::funclocal_bss at bar
[...]
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi-until.exp: until after while loop (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory arg operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-directory empty-string operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-basics.exp: environment-path dir1 dir2 operation
FAIL: gdb.mi/mi2-until.exp: until after while loop (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: continue until common routine run 15 times
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: continue until common routine run 15 times
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from main thread (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from thread 1 (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from thread 2 (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: apply backtrace command to all three threads (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: set break at common_routine in thread 2 (timeout)
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: continue to bkpt at common_routine in thread 2 (default)
FAIL: gdb.threads/schedlock.exp: thread 3 ran (didn't run)
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: threaded watch loop
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: first watchpoint on args[1] hit
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[0] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: watchpoint on args[1] hit in thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/watchthreads.exp: combination of threaded watchpoints = 30
FAIL: gdb.trace/packetlen.exp: setup collect actions

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10514
# of unexpected failures	76
# of unexpected successes	1
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		58
# of unresolved testcases	2
# of untested testcases		1
# of unsupported tests		13
/home/woodzltc/DE/gdb-6.3.90/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb version  6.3.90 -nx

Regards
- Wu Zhou

@ 2005-11-22 23:20 ` Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 2005-11-22 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:38:55 -0800
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> This is to announce that the first release candidate is now available
> for download at:
>
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.bz2
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.gz
>
> I will run a quick build & test of this tarball on the following
> platforms: alpha-tru64 5.1b, ia64-linux, mips-irix, ppc-aix,
> x86-solaris, x86_64-linux, sparc-solaris.
>
> There should be no surprise there as I have been doing nightly builds
> off the branch since it was created and didn't receive any build
> breakage incident.
>
> If you have access to other platforms and would like to report their
> status, that would be very helpful.

Here's a first batch of OpenBSD targets:

amd64-unknown-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10414
# of unexpected failures        103
# of expected failures          47
# of known failures             56
# of unresolved testcases       4
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          18

mips64-sgi-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            9800
# of unexpected failures        662
# of expected failures          47
# of known failures             54
# of unresolved testcases       9
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          18

powerpc-apple-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10458
# of unexpected failures        249
# of expected failures          45
# of known failures             52
# of unresolved testcases       4
# of untested testcases         5
# of unsupported tests          18

sparc-sun-openbsd3.8:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10220
# of unexpected failures        147
# of expected failures          141
# of known failures             41
# of unresolved testcases       1
# of untested testcases         7
# of unsupported tests          21

The number of FAILs is generally a bit higher than Linux because:

1. I'm a lazy bum and never XFAILed and KFAILed some tests for
   unsupported features on OpenBSD.

2. There still are some Linux-specific tests in the testsuite that are
   enabled for all platforms.

3. The OpenBSD/sgi compiler has some serious problems.

The number of failures on OpenBSD/macppc has increased drastically
somehwere in the last two months.  Seems like someone broke something,
but I haven't figured out yet, what :(.  Perhaps people should check
some other powerpc platforms and compare results with gdb 6.3.

I'll try to test OpenBSD/i386, OpenBSD/sparc64 and perhaps
OpenBSD/hppa or OpenBSD/m68k later this week.  I'll also post results
for FreeBSD/amd64 and NetBSD/amd64.

Mark

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-22 23:16 ` Ulrich Weigand
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ulrich Weigand @ 2005-11-22 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

Joel Brobecker wrote:

> If you have access to other platforms and would like to report their
> status, that would be very helpful.

s390(x)-ibm-linux is looking good:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers/2005-q4/msg00012.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers/2005-q4/msg00013.html

I haven't looked into the Ada failures yet (those are apparently
new test cases ...), the rest is as expected.

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux on zSeries Development

* Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-22 14:09 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-11-22 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb, gdb-testers

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:38:55AM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is to announce that the first release candidate is now available
> for download at:
>
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.bz2
>         ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-6.3.90.tar.gz
>
> I will run a quick build & test of this tarball on the following
> platforms: alpha-tru64 5.1b, ia64-linux, mips-irix, ppc-aix,
> x86-solaris, x86_64-linux, sparc-solaris.
>
> There should be no surprise there as I have been doing nightly builds
> off the branch since it was created and didn't receive any build
> breakage incident.
>
> If you have access to other platforms and would like to report their
> status, that would be very helpful.

These are from a slightly patched GDB (Debian's), using the 20051119
snapshot, but may be useful anyway.  All are for GNU/Linux native.

i486:

                === gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes            10837
# of unexpected failures        40
# of unexpected successes       1
# of expected failures          42
# of known failures             42
# of untested testcases         2
# of unsupported tests          8

S/390:

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10798
# of unexpected failures	30
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		33
# of untested testcases		2
# of unsupported tests		10

IA64:

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10604
# of unexpected failures	99
# of unexpected successes	2
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		34
# of unresolved testcases	9
# of untested testcases		2
# of unsupported tests		11

Alpha:

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10512
# of unexpected failures	127
# of unexpected successes	2
# of expected failures		37
# of known failures		33
# of untested testcases		3
# of unsupported tests		11

PowerPC:

		=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10965
# of unexpected failures	81
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		35
# of unresolved testcases	2
# of untested testcases		2
# of unsupported tests		10

SPARC:

	=== gdb Summary ===

# of expected passes		10504
# of unexpected failures	253
# of expected failures		42
# of known failures		36
# of unresolved testcases	17
# of untested testcases		2
# of unsupported tests		10

Built OK, but testsuite disabled for other reasons: mips, mipsel, arm,
m68k.

Of all of Debian's architctures, none failed to build (which may be a
first for a snapshot).  HPPA hasn't tried yet but Randolph's been
active lately so I presume it will work when the build daemon is
available.  SPARC is in the worst shape, followed by Alpha, which is
pretty typical.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available
@ 2005-11-22  8:39 Joel Brobecker
                   ` (4 more replies)