public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB is preventing my catch blocks in my C++ program
@ 2022-04-13  0:27 Claude Robitaille
From: Claude Robitaille @ 2022-04-13  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi all,

I am having an issue with exception in C++. When I run my program outside gdb (gsbserver actually) all is good and my exceptions are properly catched.

However, when running un gdbserver I get:
"terminate called after throwing an instance of XXXX"

The actuall catch statmeent is catch (...) so it is a catch all.

I obvisouly suspect that, somehow, gdbserver is preventing the normal try/catch/throw machinery to work as it should. The "terminate called..." string is most likely coming form the language library.

Background
I am crosscompiling with mingw-w64 on Ubuntu. The compiler is 9.3 while both gdb and gdbserver are 9.1 I run gdb under eclipse

I run under WIndows 10

I spend the whole afternoon on Google but all I found are cases where the programmer did not properly coded the catch (or something similar), which, indeed, is not my problem since all is good when running outside of gdb.

Not sure how to tackle this one!!