public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: FengLingDu <lgh_2002@163.com>
To: "gdb@sourceware.org" <gdb@sourceware.org>
Subject: Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 21:54:29 +0800 (GMT+08:00)	[thread overview]

Hello gdb:

First for english is not my native language, please excuse typing errors.
I have google a bit and found some clues on stackoveflow, but it seems useless to me.

I expect to find out how the singal works which depends on the PCNTL module,
so I decided to debug PHP-CLI binary with a demo php script with gdb,
and the debug environment is listed as below:

1. get php-cli binary by compiling from source with GCC 4.4.7
2. php version: 7.0.2
3. gdb version: 7.2-60.el6_4.1
4. system platform: CentOS 6.5

My trouble is:
it seems to be ok when I debug step-by-step forward,
but it will always throw the message like below after I send a kill -10 pid or else:
"Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.",
then I issue continuously the "finish" command attempting to jump out of the current function,
but it failed unless many many times command execution for "finish",
but event so,  it still reports the message metioned above again and again.

So what happened here and what does the meaning of the SIGTRAP ?
Need something else to provide? please tell me, thanks a lot.

Best regards, FengLingDu.