public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: GDB bug: target.c (target_signal_from_host): unrecognized real -time signal on arm
@ 2002-06-25  7:55 todd.kallam
From: todd.kallam @ 2002-06-25  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

Hi,

I have had the same problem with each of the following versions:

   insight+dejagnu-5.2.0_20020624.tar.bz2
   gdb+dejagnu-weekly-CVS-5.2.0_20020618.tar.bz2
   gdb-5.2.tar.gz

I configure gdb with the following command:

     ./configure --target=arm-linux

I configured gdbserver with the following command:

   ./configure arm-linux

The following insight+dejagnu-5.2.0_20020624.tar.bz2 code in
gdb/signals/signals.c reports the problem:

#if defined (SIGRTMIN)
  if (hostsig >= SIGRTMIN && hostsig <= SIGRTMAX)
    {
      /* This block of TARGET_SIGNAL_REALTIME value is in order.  */
      if (33 <= hostsig && hostsig <= 63)
     return (enum target_signal)
       (hostsig - 33 + (int) TARGET_SIGNAL_REALTIME_33);
      else if (hostsig == 64)
     return TARGET_SIGNAL_REALTIME_64;
      else
     error ("GDB bug: target.c (target_signal_from_host): unrecognized real-time
 signal");
    }
#endif

Regards,

Todd

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> on 06/24/2002 06:04:58 PM

To:   Todd Kallam/Engineering/TTC/US@Global
cc:   gdb@sources.redhat.com

Subject:  Re: GDB bug: target.c (target_signal_from_host): unrecognized real
      -time signal on arm

I committed a fix for this problem at the same time I committed the
multithread support.  Could you be more specific about which snapshot
you are using?

@ 2002-06-25  8:03 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2002-06-25  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: todd.kallam; +Cc: gdb

You're using snapshots from the 5.2 branch.  You need to look for
snapshots from the trunk if you want to debug an application using
threads or realtime signals.  Get snapshots from current/ insteaad of
from branch/.

@ 2002-06-25 11:11 todd.kallam
From: todd.kallam @ 2002-06-25 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gdb

Hi,

Thanks for the help.  I am now using insight+dejagnu-20020625.tar.bz2 from
the current directory and it is working.

Regards,

Todd

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> on 06/25/2002 11:02:45 AM

To:   Todd Kallam/Engineering/TTC/US@Global