public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Google Summer of Code 2012
@ 2012-03-04 15:15 Giuseppe Scrivano
From: Giuseppe Scrivano @ 2012-03-04 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: jemarch

Hello,

I was going trough the list of ideas we had for the Google Summer of
Code 2011.

Is this list http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/SummerOfCode2011/Ideas still
valid?  Could you please create a new page "SummerOfCode2012"?

Maintainers can contact me off-list.

Thanks,
Giuseppe

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2012
@ 2012-03-07  0:01 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2012-03-07  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Scrivano; +Cc: gdb, jemarch

Giuseppe,

> I was going trough the list of ideas we had for the Google Summer of
> Code 2011.
>
> Is this list http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/SummerOfCode2011/Ideas still
> valid?  Could you please create a new page "SummerOfCode2012"?

The page still seems reasonably up to date. You can also check the
ProjectIdeas page for more ideas. One area that's usually perceived
as fun and exciting is our Python support. A lot of advances have been
made in that department, so do check with us if you're interested in
working in that area. We'll also need to make sure we can find you
a mentor before we apply, because I am not sure about everyone's
schedule this summer (I already know I will be extra busy).

--
Joel

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2012
@ 2012-03-07 21:42   ` Sergio Durigan Junior
From: Sergio Durigan Junior @ 2012-03-07 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: Giuseppe Scrivano, gdb, jemarch, Abhijit Halder

On Tuesday, March 06 2012, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> Giuseppe,
>
>> I was going trough the list of ideas we had for the Google Summer of
>> Code 2011.
>>
>> Is this list http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/SummerOfCode2011/Ideas still
>> valid?  Could you please create a new page "SummerOfCode2012"?
>
> The page still seems reasonably up to date.

Ref: "Support pipes in the run command"

I am CCing Abhijit, the guy who has an implementation for the pipe
support inside GDB.  As far as I remember, the patch has not yet been
accepted, but it has been heavily reviewed and I think is very close to
be pushed upstream.  If this is correct, then you might want to remove
that item from the list.

--
Sergio

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2012
@ 2012-03-09 12:33     ` Jose E. Marchesi
From: Jose E. Marchesi @ 2012-03-09 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Durigan Junior
  Cc: Joel Brobecker, Giuseppe Scrivano, gdb, Abhijit Halder

    > Giuseppe,
    >
    >> I was going trough the list of ideas we had for the Google Summer of
    >> Code 2011.
    >>
    >> Is this list http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/SummerOfCode2011/Ideas still
    >> valid?  Could you please create a new page "SummerOfCode2012"?
    >
    > The page still seems reasonably up to date.

    Ref: "Support pipes in the run command"

    I am CCing Abhijit, the guy who has an implementation for the pipe
    support inside GDB.  As far as I remember, the patch has not yet been
    accepted, but it has been heavily reviewed and I think is very close to
    be pushed upstream.  If this is correct, then you might want to remove
    that item from the list.

Any new on this?  We sent the GNU application to SoC today.  Abhijit,
shall we remove that item from the ideas page?

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org