public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Pending patches: two month anniversary
@ 2001-02-05 11:34 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-02-05 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gdb List

I have a couple of pending patches which were never approved or
rejected.  They are both about two months old.

The first one is the `make tags' patch that fixes the tags target so
it includes insight:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-12/msg00039.html

Here's my last post in the ensuing threadlet (it is too short to be
called a "thread"):

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-12/msg00045.html

The second one is the rename-to-insight patch, which includes
disabling the GUI by default (a change which GNU gdb users will not
notice at all):

Here's the latest version of the patch:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-12/msg00132.html

Last month I sent a reminder about these patches, but never saw any
response:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-01/msg00004.html

Tom

* Re: Pending patches: two month anniversary
@ 2001-02-05 11:49 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2001-02-05 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Gdb List

FYI,

Your patch isn't forgotten just in a queue.  Top of the queue are a
change to solib.c (from fred fish) and SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP (because a
new target needs it).

The real problem is that the queue (my mailbox) isn't public so people
can't see where things are at.

	Andrew

* Re: Pending patches: two month anniversary
@ 2001-02-05 11:52   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-02-05 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: Gdb List

Andrew> Your patch isn't forgotten just in a queue.  Top of the queue
Andrew> are a change to solib.c (from fred fish) and
Andrew> SOFTWARE_SINGLE_STEP (because a new target needs it).

Thanks.

Andrew> The real problem is that the queue (my mailbox) isn't public
Andrew> so people can't see where things are at.

From the outside it is impossible to distinguish between this and
having patches simply be ignored.

Tom