public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Siva Chandra <sivachandra@google.com>
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Extend gdb.Breakpoint to allow setting a breakpoint at the current execution address
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 01:41:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Siva" == Siva Chandra <sivachandra@google.com> writes:

Siva> I didn't want to use $pc explicitly as the manual only says "on most
Siva> machines" with regard to its meaning.  I do not know of any machine
Siva> where PC does not mean the program counter though.

Yeah.

Siva> What are the other ways to get the value of the PC?

gdb.Frame.pc is the simplest.  You can pick any frame, but for commands
the selected frame is the one that users expect.

Tom