public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* How to set a configure option for the gdb subdirectory
       [not found] <1702189149.385292.1640971872347.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-12-31 17:31 ` Z. Majeed
From: Z. Majeed @ 2021-12-31 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I'm building gdb from source - I'd like to set an option specific to the gdb/configure script - not the top-level binutils-gdb/configure script

For example I'd like to set --with-separate-debug-dir or --enable-gdbmi

How do I do this?

Is there a way to pass sub-configure options for the gdb subdirectory to the top-level configure command?

Or do I run both the top-level binutils-gdb/configure and gdb/configure scripts?

If so do I run the top-level configure first and then the subdirectory configure or the other way around?

And do I make sure common options like --prefix are consistently set in both invocations or can I set --prefix for just the top-level configure and skip for the gdb sub-configure?

Zartaj

* Re: How to set a configure option for the gdb subdirectory
@ 2021-12-31 18:09   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2021-12-31 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z. Majeed; +Cc: gdb

On Dez 31 2021, Z. Majeed wrote:

> Is there a way to pass sub-configure options for the gdb subdirectory to the top-level configure command?

All options given to the top-level configure script are passed down to
the sub-directory configure scripts.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1