public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@sergiodj.net>
To: Rainer Orth <ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Request for help with the Buildbot [was: Re: Status of GDB buildbots]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 10:47:56 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, August 25 2020, Rainer Orth wrote:

> Rainer Orth <ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:
>
>> It seems regular scheduled runs of the GDB buildbots stopped about a
>> month ago.  AFAICS all runs since (which are only a few) are for the
>> racy and try_ssh schedulers only, nothing for master.
>>
>> I've initially observed this on the Solaris buildbots, but the others
>> seem to be equally affected.  For the Solaris bots, there are regular
>> keepalive messages in twistd.log, but nothing else.
>
> I've never received a reply on this one and now found that Sergio has
> left RedHat.  Given that the buildbots have been mostly idle for a month
> or two: is there anyone to look into this?

Hi Rainer,

Sorry about the disappearance; indeed I'm not at RH anymore, and
although I'm trying to follow gdb-patches, I'm not subscribed to gdb@
anymore, which means I completely missed your message :-/.

Anyway, I was not aware of this problem with our buildbot.  I thought
I'd be able to maintain it while doing my other job, but as it turns out
it's just too much.  So I'm hijacking this thread and turning it into a
request for help with our Buildbot.

I don't know how much value the Buildbot still brings to the community.
I know a few people were relying heavily on it because of the try build
feature, but I'm not sure if they still use it.  That's something for
the community to discuss, I think.

Anyway, if you're a GDB contributor and are interested in helping
maintaing the Buildbot infra, please get in touch with me and we will
figure something out.

Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
https://sergiodj.net/