public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Collecting description of types from symbol table
@ 2012-03-02  2:57 Vimal
From: Vimal @ 2012-03-02  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I would like to dump the collect the output of the "ptype" command for
all possible types that gdb is aware of.

For example, the following output is very useful when debugging the
kernel, and I would like to collect the output of all such types in
the kernel for reference.   Could someone tell me rough ideas of how
this is stored in the executable, and how to dump this?

(gdb) ptype raw_spinlock_t
type = struct raw_spinlock {
    arch_spinlock_t raw_lock;
    unsigned int magic;