public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Error in docs, "23.3.2.11 Writing a Frame Filter" + question
@ 2022-05-13  9:33 Ludvig Janiuk
From: Ludvig Janiuk @ 2022-05-13  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

I'd like to report an error in the page "23.3.2.11 Writing a Frame Filter" at https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Writing-a-Frame-Filter.html#Writing-a-Frame-Filter

One of the code listings mentions "ElidingFrameDecorator", however this class is never defined. I believe "ElidingInlineDecorator" was intended.

While I'm at it, I'd also like to ask a question on the Python API. I have a script which unwinds and filters Java Virtual Machine frames, and it seems to work well in backtraces (gdb command "bt"). However, when I want to look closer on one of the frames (gdb command "frame <X>"), I get something like "#5  0x00007fffd96f923e in ?? ()" again. Does the Python frame unwinding API only apply to the backtrace command, or is there something I can do to make my Java frames visible also in the output of other commands?

Best regards,
//Ludvig Janiuk
Oracle