public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* AW: Problems with run tests on a i386 platform
@ 2001-03-25 22:57 Hansjörg Petriffer
From: Hansjörg Petriffer @ 2001-03-25 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz', 'gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Sorry now is working. It was a problem with the com1. It seems for me that
win 2k does something with the first com port

Thank for your help!

From: Hansjörg Petriffer @ 2001-03-25 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Keith Seitz'; +Cc: 'gdb@sourceware.cygnus.com'

If I send this manually then I receive the following messages:

Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Sending packet:
$Hc-1#09...Sending packet: $Hc-1#09...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Sending packet:
$qC#b4...Sending packet: $qC#b4...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending
packet: $qOffsets#4b...Sending packet: $qOffsets#4b...Timed out.
Timed out.
Timed out.
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Remote debugging using com1
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

The serial connection with other programs is working without problems, the
only thing that I'm not sure is the serial connection if I need here more
than 3 connection to the remote computer. Do you know that? (I have a null
modem cable without handshaking)

Thanks

Hansjoerg

> (gdb) set remotedebug 0
> Warning: command 'set remotedebug' is deprecated.
> Use 'set debug remote'.

What happens when you do these steps manually, but set remotedebug to
"1"? That might give us a clue about the malformed packets below...

> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Couldn't establish connection to remote target
> Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Keith