public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Request Wiki access to document new "entitlement" code-signing step on Mojave
@ 2019-01-02 12:10 Dominique Quatravaux
From: Dominique Quatravaux @ 2019-01-02 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hello, I noticed that https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin is
missing the latest info on the --entitlements flag to codesign (see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52699661/macos-mojave-how-to-achieve-codesign-to-enable-debugging-gdb/54006044#54006044
for details).

I would be happy to fix this if someone grants DomQ access to the Wiki page.

Thanks and happy new year,

--
 Dominique Quatravaux
 dominique@quatravaux.org

* Re: Request Wiki access to document new "entitlement" code-signing step on Mojave
@ 2019-01-02 13:45 ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2019-01-02 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Quatravaux; +Cc: gdb

> Hello, I noticed that https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin is
> missing the latest info on the --entitlements flag to codesign (see
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52699661/macos-mojave-how-to-achieve-codesign-to-enable-debugging-gdb/54006044#54006044
> for details).
>
> I would be happy to fix this if someone grants DomQ access to the Wiki page.

Thank you for the offer to help with the documentation!
You have been added to the EditorList :-).

--
Joel

* Re: Request Wiki access to document new "entitlement" code-signing step on Mojave
@ 2019-01-02 14:28   ` Dominique Quatravaux
From: Dominique Quatravaux @ 2019-01-02 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb

Le mer. 2 janv. 2019 à 14:45, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> a
écrit :

> [...]
> Thank you for the offer to help with the documentation!
> You have been added to the EditorList :-).

Thanks a lot! I updated section 2.1.3 (and did minor touch-ups in other
parts of section 2), but I think things would be clearer if I could move
this matter to a subpage like CodeSigningOnDarwin. Would you approve of me
doing so?

Thanks in avance,

--

@ 2019-01-02 14:32     ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2019-01-02 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Quatravaux; +Cc: gdb

> Thanks a lot! I updated section 2.1.3 (and did minor touch-ups in other
> parts of section 2), but I think things would be clearer if I could move
> this matter to a subpage like CodeSigningOnDarwin. Would you approve of me
> doing so?

Yes, of course!

--
Joel

* Re: Request Wiki access to document new "entitlement" code-signing step on Mojave
@ 2019-01-02 16:08       ` Dominique Quatravaux
From: Dominique Quatravaux @ 2019-01-02 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: gdb

Le mer. 2 janv. 2019 à 15:32, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> a
écrit :

> > [...] I think things would be clearer if I could move
> > this matter to a subpage like CodeSigningOnDarwin. [...]
>
> Yes, of course!

Done, please take a look at
https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/PermissionsDarwin

I'll be updating the StackOverflow entries that I can find on the topic.

Yours truly,

--

@ 2019-01-03  1:27 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2019-01-03  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique Quatravaux; +Cc: gdb

Dominique> Hello, I noticed that https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingOnDarwin is
Dominique> missing the latest info on the --entitlements flag to codesign (see
Dominique> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52699661/macos-mojave-how-to-achieve-codesign-to-enable-debugging-gdb/54006044#54006044
Dominique> for details).

Is this something that will work on earlier versions?
I'm wondering if we can improve "configure --enable-codesign"
to automate this step as well; and if so what is the easiest route.

Tom

* Re: Request Wiki access to document new "entitlement" code-signing step on Mojave
@ 2019-01-06 21:50   ` Dominique Quatravaux
From: Dominique Quatravaux @ 2019-01-06 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: gdb

Le jeu. 3 janv. 2019 à 02:27, Tom Tromey <tom@tromey.com> a écrit :

> writes:
>
> [...] the --entitlements flag to codesign
>
> Is this something that will work on earlier versions?

That is a great question! I am unfortunately not in a position to answer
it, since I am not in command of a fleet of idle Macs to juggle older
versions of OS X for tests.

If you (or anyone on the list) can report success with the --entitlement
flag on any version of OS X prior to Mojave, I'll update the wiki and (as
day job permits) consider a patch to configure --enable-codesign .

Yours truly,

--
Dominique Quatravaux
dominique@quatravaux.org