On Thu, 9 Feb 2023, 2:44 AM Simon Sobisch via Gdb, wrote: > For "stepping in the current source" (given a mixed-source) I look for a > way to "silent step" / "silent next". > This will be useful for example if you debug within Bison and/or Flex > generated sources and don't want to step through the state / token > machine, having only the Bison / Flex _source_ be visible. > > Getting the source name from the frame and comparing this after a > step/next is no big problem in GDB using python > gdb.selected_frame().find_sal().symtab.fullname() > > Using GDB in TUI mode I commonly "stay" in the source I'm interested in > this way, but the GDB command line gets "flooded" with all the > intermediate frame positions I'm not interested in. > > So: is there a way to do a "step"/"next" with suppressing the normal > output and mi stop events normally send? > > Thank you for any pointers, > Simon > Does the `skip` command do what you want? I use it for skipping uninteresting things like memset() or printf() when stepping. >