public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* AArch64 GDB buildbot
@ 2016-06-13 12:45 Yao Qi
From: Yao Qi @ 2016-06-13 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB; +Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior

Hi Sergio,
buildslave was installed on gcc compile farm aarch64-linux
machine (gcc115 and gcc116) by admin, so we can use it for GDB buildbot.

Please tell me where can I get config.json and master.cfg.
I'd like to set aarch64-linux gdb buildbot slave.

Note that I am not the admin of these aarch64 boxes, so I
can't create a user for buildbot.

--
Yao (齐尧)

* Re: AArch64 GDB buildbot
@ 2016-06-13 15:40 ` Sergio Durigan Junior
From: Sergio Durigan Junior @ 2016-06-13 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yao Qi; +Cc: GDB

On Monday, June 13 2016, Yao Qi wrote:

> Hi Sergio,

Hey Yao,

> buildslave was installed on gcc compile farm aarch64-linux
> machine (gcc115 and gcc116) by admin, so we can use it for GDB buildbot.

Great!

> Please tell me where can I get config.json and master.cfg.
> I'd like to set aarch64-linux gdb buildbot slave.

They're at <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=gdb-buildbot.git;a=summary>, but
nevermind about them.  Just tell me how many parallel jobs we can
trigger (i.e., make -jN), and I can configure it.

> Note that I am not the admin of these aarch64 boxes, so I
> can't create a user for buildbot.

OK, so I assume you will run the buildslave using your user, right?

You will need a password to connect the buildslave to the buildmaster;
I'll send it in private soon.

Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36
http://sergiodj.net/

* Re: AArch64 GDB buildbot
@ 2016-06-13 16:14   ` Yao Qi
From: Yao Qi @ 2016-06-13 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Durigan Junior; +Cc: GDB

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior
<sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Please tell me where can I get config.json and master.cfg.
>> I'd like to set aarch64-linux gdb buildbot slave.
>
> They're at <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=gdb-buildbot.git;a=summary>, but
> nevermind about them.  Just tell me how many parallel jobs we can
> trigger (i.e., make -jN), and I can configure it.

How about 4?

>> Note that I am not the admin of these aarch64 boxes, so I
>> can't create a user for buildbot.
>
> OK, so I assume you will run the buildslave using your user, right?

Right.

> You will need a password to connect the buildslave to the buildmaster;
> I'll send it in private soon.

Thanks.  I want to run gdb tests for aarch64-linux in four modes,
{unix,native-gdbserver} x {aarch64, arm}.  In "arm", the test case is compiled
by arm-linux compiler, but GDB and GDBserver is still aarch64 program.

--
Yao (齐尧)

* Re: AArch64 GDB buildbot
@ 2016-06-13 17:19     ` Sergio Durigan Junior
From: Sergio Durigan Junior @ 2016-06-13 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yao Qi; +Cc: GDB

On Monday, June 13 2016, Yao Qi wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior
> <sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please tell me where can I get config.json and master.cfg.
>>> I'd like to set aarch64-linux gdb buildbot slave.
>>
>> They're at <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=gdb-buildbot.git;a=summary>, but
>> nevermind about them.  Just tell me how many parallel jobs we can
>> trigger (i.e., make -jN), and I can configure it.
>>

> How about 4?

Sure.

>> You will need a password to connect the buildslave to the buildmaster;
>> I'll send it in private soon.
>>

> Thanks.  I want to run gdb tests for aarch64-linux in four modes,
> {unix,native-gdbserver} x {aarch64, arm}.  In "arm", the test case is compiled
> by arm-linux compiler, but GDB and GDBserver is still aarch64 program.

OK, then you're gonna have to provide the full configure, make and make
check lines for me so that I can adjust our configuration, please.

@ 2016-06-14  7:33       ` Yao Qi
From: Yao Qi @ 2016-06-14  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Durigan Junior; +Cc: GDB

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior
<sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Thanks.  I want to run gdb tests for aarch64-linux in four modes,
>> {unix,native-gdbserver} x {aarch64, arm}.  In "arm", the test case is compiled
>> by arm-linux compiler, but GDB and GDBserver is still aarch64 program.
>
> OK, then you're gonna have to provide the full configure, make and make
> check lines for me so that I can adjust our configuration, please.

I take a look at files at git://git.sergiodj.net/gdb-buildbot.git, and
don't know how
to support multi-arch testing in aarch64 (aarch64 gcc doesn't accept -m32
option to generate arm code).  Let us step up simple configurations first.

The machine we want to use is gcc115.fsffrance.org.  The Linux is ubuntu
trusty.  The configure option I use is "--disable-binutils
--disable-gprof --disable-gold --disable-gas --disable-ld".  Then,
"make" and "make check".  I also want
to test with native-gdbserver, so make check
RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=native-gdbserver".  This should be
similar to other existing buildbot
slave settings.

--
Yao (齐尧)

* Re: AArch64 GDB buildbot
@ 2016-06-21  1:09         ` Sergio Durigan Junior
From: Sergio Durigan Junior @ 2016-06-21  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yao Qi; +Cc: GDB

On Tuesday, June 14 2016, Yao Qi wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior
> <sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks.  I want to run gdb tests for aarch64-linux in four modes,
>>> {unix,native-gdbserver} x {aarch64, arm}.  In "arm", the test case is compiled
>>> by arm-linux compiler, but GDB and GDBserver is still aarch64 program.
>>
>> OK, then you're gonna have to provide the full configure, make and make
>> check lines for me so that I can adjust our configuration, please.
>>

> I take a look at files at git://git.sergiodj.net/gdb-buildbot.git, and
> don't know how
> to support multi-arch testing in aarch64 (aarch64 gcc doesn't accept -m32
> option to generate arm code).  Let us step up simple configurations first.
>
> The machine we want to use is gcc115.fsffrance.org.  The Linux is ubuntu
> trusty.  The configure option I use is "--disable-binutils
> --disable-gprof --disable-gold --disable-gas --disable-ld".  Then,
> "make" and "make check".  I also want
> to test with native-gdbserver, so make check
> RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=native-gdbserver".  This should be
> similar to other existing buildbot
> slave settings.

Hey Yao,

A few comments.  First, the buildslave has been offline since June 18th,
which is not good.  It seems that the machine is offline as well.  Could
you look into that, please?

Second, it seems that you haven't added your contact information nor
your buildslave information to the configuration files.  My fault, since
that wasn't described in the wiki page (it's there now).  So, could you
please follow the instructions here:

  <https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildBot#Adding_information_about_yourself_and_the_machine>

Your contact information is very important because BuildBot can
automatically e-mail you when your buildslave goes offline.

Thanks!

--

@ 2016-06-21  7:46           ` Yao Qi
From: Yao Qi @ 2016-06-21  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Durigan Junior; +Cc: GDB

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 2:09 AM, Sergio Durigan Junior
<sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:

> A few comments.  First, the buildslave has been offline since June 18th,
> which is not good.  It seems that the machine is offline as well.  Could
> you look into that, please?

The machine is offline.  I opened a ticket
https://gna.org/support/?3358 yesterday.

> Second, it seems that you haven't added your contact information nor
> your buildslave information to the configuration files.  My fault, since
> that wasn't described in the wiki page (it's there now).  So, could you
> please follow the instructions here:
>
>   <https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildBot#Adding_information_about_yourself_and_the_machine>

Yes, of course.  I'll add my contact info once gcc115 is back.

> Your contact information is very important because BuildBot can
> automatically e-mail you when your buildslave goes offline.

I received the email on 18th June, and the subject is "Buildbot:
buildslave ubuntu-aarch64-1 was lost".

--
Yao (齐尧)