Recently Microsoft advertised their ability to connect their Windbg debugger to gdbserver running on a remote machine through WSL. I have been trying to experiment with that. I ssh into a linux machine through WSL. When I try to connect using Windbg, the connection is successfully established but gdbserver dies with: ../../gdbserver/regcache.cc:271: A problem internal to GDBserver has been detected. Unknown register ymm0h requested A bit of searching on the interwebs revealed this to be a problem with a particular version of gdbserver (< 7.0) but I am running the latest (14.2), so it probably isn't a version issue. Interestingly I am successfully able to connect from yet another linux machine from gdb to gdbserver just fine. Any ideas on why or how this might have happened?