public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* wrong PC for "set architecuture xxx" for gdbserver
@ 2015-02-01  8:36 fei ding
From: fei ding @ 2015-02-01  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi:

I use "set architecuture xxx" command to change arch for my gdbserver,
and I've traced that, gdb will send a g_packet to gdbserver to fetch
registers' values, and then do some correct-pc-things.

But, if I input the "set arch xxx" command right after the "continue"
command, the value of EIP will always be wrong, it points to the
instruction after the correct one. Why?