On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Tom Tromey wrote: >>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Pouget writes: > > Kevin> I notice today a lot for GDB crash because of Python, am I the > Kevin> only one? (I didn't refresh my git tree since a while, so it > Kevin> might not be directly related to the last Python patches) > > Kevin> It's hard to tell exactly what cause it, but for instance I see > Kevin> repeatedly: > [...] > > I haven't seen it. > I updated from CVS just now, rebuilt, and ran the gdb.python tests > without any problems. > > Kevin> I'm on Fedora 17, x86_64, Python seems to be at version 2.7.3, gdb is > Kevin> up to date against the trunk (7.5.50.20120823-cvs) > > I'm still on Fedora 16. I wouldn't expect 17 to have particular > problems like this though. > > What were you doing when you got these crashes? Is it something simple > that I could try? What happens if you run the gdb.python tests? > > Tom Hello, > What happens if you run the gdb.python tests? unfortunately, the run 100% fine ... > What were you doing when you got these crashes? just "normal" things, I mean, running code which have been running fine until today. > SystemError: /builddir/build/BUILD/Python-2.7.3/Objects/listobject.c:178: bad argument to internal function this one is triggered in the middle of a Breakpoint callback, so it appears quite often > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. > PyObject_Malloc (nbytes=32) > at /usr/src/debug/Python-2.7.3/Objects/obmalloc.c:784 this one is when I want to attach gdb to another gdb instance (gdb2 --pid $(pidof gdb)) and finally: > Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked this one appears when I start the inferior execution, and start it again I've attached the complete stack of this crash (from a third gdb!). We can see that it crashed while auto-loading "/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/gdb-gdb.py", which is the original file from Fedora gdb package. I can also see that the stack contains "prompt_hook", I've seen another crash which was mentioned this file [1], which deals with prompt customization. It *might* be related, but I'm not sure at all. Thanks, Kevin [1] : http://gitorious.org/misc-gdb-stuff/misc-gdb-stuff/blobs/master/misc_gdb/gaudy_prompt.py