public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* Re: about gdb's compiled-in simulator
@ 2003-03-16 14:29 liu lijuan
From: liu lijuan @ 2003-03-16 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ac131313; +Cc: gdb

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 1270 bytes --]

>From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
>To: liu lijuan <lljchina@hotmail.com>
>CC: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: about gdb's compiled-in simulator
>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:08:06 -0500
>

> >   After gdb get the commands from keyboard,does gdb put these commands
into a cmd_buffer,and then gdb and compiled-in simulator access the
cmd_buffer together?
> >   Or does gdb and compiled-in simultor have any rules about the request
and reply of commands ?    Thanks for your help!

>GDB calls:
>
>include/gdb/remote-sim.h:sim_do_command()
>
>with the command string in a buffer.  There isn't any expected return
>value (the command can't fail).
>
>Andrew

   what you mean is that gdb call sim_do_command() to deal with the
commands in command line which send to simulator.But after disable this
function in all files like this //sim_do_command(),then I recompile
cross-gdb,and it can work normally
and gdb and simulator can deal with commands as usual.So I still feel
puzzled how simulator identify the commands from gdb command line.
  please can you tell me why?
  Thanks!
liu

* Re: about gdb's compiled-in simulator
@ 2003-03-13 17:08 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2003-03-13 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liu lijuan; +Cc: gdb

@ 2003-03-13  2:48 liu lijuan
From: liu lijuan @ 2003-03-13  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 423 bytes --]

   After gdb get the commands from keyboard,does gdb put these commands
into a cmd_buffer,and then gdb and compiled-in simulator access the
cmd_buffer together?
   Or does gdb and compiled-in simultor have any rules about the request
and reply of commands ?
   Thanks for your help!

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn

* about gdb's compiled-in simulator