public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* GDB Help
@ 2003-03-22  1:16 Smita
From: Smita @ 2003-03-22  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi want to write a trcing utility using gdb.
For this I am constructing a gdb script to collect tracing data and later
parsing the output to get required information.

I want to be able to set breakpoints at function enrty points and exit
points, and specify commands for these breakpoints.

Breakpoints at the function entry points can be set before invoking gdb
(since I know what all functions are to be traced). Within the commands
for the breakpoints at function entry, I am putting breakpoint at the
return address of the function. This can be done dynmically aftr gdb is
invoked. But I am not able to specify commands for the breakpoint at
return address. I can't nest commands. I tried using user-defined commands
but that didn't work either.
Aby ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Smita

* Re: GDB : help
@ 2001-12-06  3:04 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2001-12-06  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ajjaiah B M; +Cc: gdb

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Ajjaiah B M wrote:

> > Our team needs GDB on Windows NT and 200 , AIX , LINUX ...  I have just
> > down loaded the gdb-5.1.tar.gz , but I see lot of C and C++ files ..do I
> > need to build these to get the GDB package ...Do I need to make some
> > changes in the path ..how can go about using this tool on windows , AIX
> and
> > Linux ...

You need to build GDB for every platform on which you want to use it.
The instructions how to build are in the file INSTALL in the
distribution.

* Re: GDB : help
@ 2001-12-06  2:32 Ajjaiah B M
From: Ajjaiah B M @ 2001-12-06  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi,

Can anyone help on this ???

Regards, Ajjaiah BM
IBM Centre for Java Technology, MP 146, Hursley, Winchester, SO21 2JN, UK.
E-mail: bajjaiah@in.ibm.com
ph : 241978 (Internal )

----- Forwarded by Ajjaiah B M/India/IBM on 12/06/01 10:23 AM -----

                    GNU General
                    Contact              To:     Ajjaiah B M/India/IBM@IBMIN
                    Address              cc:
                    <gnu@gnu.org>        Subject:     Re: GDB : help

                    12/05/01 06:19
                    PM

You should send this question to the GDB users' mailing list:
sending the word "subscribe" to the address
gdb-subscribe@sources.redhat.com, or by visiting the site

Good luck and happy hacking!

--
Orion Montoya, FSF Office Staff
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942