public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* RE: Multi-thread debugging with eCos on i386 pc platform
@ 2000-08-25 12:18 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-08-25 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GDB (E-mail)

Hi,

The problem seems that GDB doesn't succeed in switching frame stack to
access threads information.

More precisely, in the switch_to_thread function we have:

select_frame (get_current_frame (), 0);

that doesn't select the correct frame.

Even more deeper, this is the read_fp() function that at some point always
return the same frame pointer (that is the one from the running thread)

Can someone tell me how does read_fp() should work in order to get the
correct frame pointer? There may be an bug in eCos (see a discussion about
that on the eCos mailing list archives) and I would like to know at wich
point in this process there is an interaction between gdb and the target.

Thank you

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

@ 2000-08-25 12:24 ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2000-08-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: GDB (E-mail)

> access threads information.
>
> More precisely, in the switch_to_thread function we have:
>
> select_frame (get_current_frame (), 0);
>
> that doesn't select the correct frame.

Yup, i noticed this porting to BeOS.
I have fixes for it.

> Even more deeper, this is the read_fp() function that at some point always
> return the same frame pointer (that is the one from the running thread)
I fixed this too.

@ 2000-08-25 12:49 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-08-25 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Daniel Berlin'; +Cc: GDB (E-mail)