Hi Frank, On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 05:40:25AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler via Overseers wrote: > > Unfortunately gdb's testsuite is not too reliable. It's been improved over > > the years, but still gives quite a bit of non-deterministic results based on > > distro version/compiler version etc. So I'd leave those out in favor of just > > making sure things build properly. > > This problem is why we're building out a gadget called bunsen, which > is a tool to absorb histories of testsuites, and draw statistical > conclusions. Still early days, but noisy testsuites are not a > problem. Right. And because Keith is very involved with this having builders that feed bunsen lots of gdb testsuite results is important. Sorry if I made it sound like "large checks" aren't important for the builder. They are! But I do think we should try to split the "heavy test everything builders" from the "quick sanity check builders" a bit. e.g. maybe we can use the fedrawhide-x86_64 worker only for the full gdb-binutils builder and use another worker for the "quick" binutils only builder. That way a "quick" builder doesn't get behind a couple of "heavy" builds (which means you might get your quick result only after a couple of hours). How about using the other fedora-x86_64 worker (as attached)? I tried a couple of other workers, but some were too slow, or didn't generate a clean make check-ld results. Cheers, Mark