public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* gdb/mi samples?
@ 2011-07-18  9:28 juntao.qiu
From: juntao.qiu @ 2011-07-18  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, all

I want to develop a front-end of gdb by using the gdb/mi, but I cannot
found any real-world samples about that. And I
found that some guys have the same question about that, I looked ddd,
cdt, and cannot found right way to do that.

What I want is a hello-world or something the like, could anyone give
me some hints on that?

Thanks
Qiu Juntao
--
谢谢,
邱俊涛

* Re: gdb/mi samples?
@ 2011-07-21 13:49 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2011-07-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: juntao.qiu; +Cc: gdb

Qiu> I want to develop a front-end of gdb by using the gdb/mi, but I cannot
Qiu> found any real-world samples about that. And I
Qiu> found that some guys have the same question about that, I looked ddd,
Qiu> cdt, and cannot found right way to do that.

I think DDD doesn't use MI.

Qiu> What I want is a hello-world or something the like, could anyone give
Qiu> me some hints on that?

There are plenty of MI-using front ends out there.  There is a list on
the wiki.

One that comes to mind is nemiver, which has a reusable library
specifically for dealing with MI.

Tom

* gdb/mi samples?
@ 2011-07-18  9:27 juntao.qiu
From: juntao.qiu @ 2011-07-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

Hi, all

I want to develop a front-end of gdb by using the gdb/mi, but I cannot
found any real-world samples about that. And I
found that some guys have the same question about that, I looked ddd,
cdt, and cannot found right way to do that. I
also tried openpty/execl and pipe, and cannot figure it out.

What I want is a `hello-world` or something the like, could anyone
please give me some hints on that?

Thanks
Qiu Juntao
--