public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* status of testsuite/gdb.c++
@ 2003-03-04 17:16 David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2003-03-04 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb; +Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain

As of this morning, on my primary testing platform (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
GCC 3.1, DWARF-2), every test in gdb.c++ returns either a PASS or a
KFAIL: no FAILs, no XFAILs, nothing else.  This makes me happy.

Possible future plans for the C++ testsuite:

* Do the same to other testing platforms.  (Michael might be in a
  better position to do this than me, though both of us have the
  drawback that we test on i686-pc-linux-gnu.)

* Add tests corresponding to all of the C++ PR's that aren't already
  tested.

* Clean up the test suite.  Examine all uses of setup_xfail, go
  through the branches of tests and see if we really believe all the
  PASS patterns that we see, convert send_gdb/gdb_expect into
  gdb_test_multiple, figure out something to do about the files
  without an appropriate copyright, etc.  There's a _lot_ of cleanup
  that could be done here.

* Actually fix some bugs!

Many thanks to Michael and Daniel for their help with the cleanups so
far.

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-04 17:16 UTC | newest]