public inbox for gdb@sourceware.org
* testsuite errors on Red Hat 8.0
@ 2003-04-16  4:06 David Carlton
From: David Carlton @ 2003-04-16  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gdb

I just updated GDB on my laptop for the first time in a while, and I'm
seeing some new testsuite errors: in gdb.base/completion.exp, I get:

FAIL: gdb.base/completion.exp: (timeout) complete 'info func mar'
FAIL: gdb.base/completion.exp: (timeout) complete 'set follow-fork-mode'

and in gdb.threads/pthreads.exp, I get:

FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: check backtrace from main thread
FAIL: gdb.threads/pthreads.exp: apply backtrace command to all three threads

Anybody else seeing these?  I don't get them on my desktop machine;
the laptop runs Red Hat 8.0, the desktop runs Red Hat 7.3; I'm not
sure what other differences might be relevant.  Unfortunately, it's
been about a month since I last updated GDB on my laptop, so I can't
really narrow down when this occurred.

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu